RAW ART

RAW ART
reading & writing with art

September 08, 2014

Selfie's - Value & Grids Jr High Style


GIANT SELFIES!   These were so creative and I love how giant they are!  My 7th and 8th graders created these and I can't wait to hang them up.
First we had to take our selfie's.  They either took their own or I snapped them in class.  They printed them off on an 8x11 sheet of paper in black and white.  Then we learned about GRID drawing.  We started off with my zebra drawing here to discuss placement, importance of measuring the grid, creating the appropriate amount of sections, placement, lines and shapes.  Some of my students had to learn the hard way, but most of them did very well.


 Then they drew the grid on their photo using a 2x2" scale.  Next they drew their grid on their giant poster 6x6" scale.

They were totally stressed about how large their nose and eyes were... but once they saw the entire photo coming together then they were able to relax.  As you can see, some of mine did not quite get it to scale, but some of them did an great job.
They were able to use sharpie to outline, and colored sharpie to add one pop of color for emphasis.  Then they had to use paints to create their shadows.


 
  Here Hannah is using our I Am poems I had them write to fill the space for the background.  I told them to be creative with their designing of their poems...some did better than others.










No comments:

Post a Comment