RAW ART

RAW ART
reading & writing with art

May 27, 2014

Lady Liberty, Peter Max & Andy Warhol


                                                                                               My 4th graders made these cool pieces after learning about 2 artist Andy Warhol & Peter Max.  We looked at several pieces of their art work and did a study on Lady Liberty.  We looked at the map of New York and discussed what other landmarks were in New York.  Some of my classes did the print making piece with foam and my final classes did theirs in the style of Peter Max with water colors.  Unfortunately my print making photos were deleted and these are all I have to show, but they did a great job!  Each student created a red, white and blue background for their artwork to be mounted on as well.
We used this book The Story of the Statue of Liberty by Maestro to learn more about Lady Liberty.
















No comments:

Post a Comment